"Brandon McGee, Industry Insider, Mobile Banking Guru...He is not only the real deal, a genuine industry insider, but also knows exactly what's on the minds of financial service pros as they contemplate the various mobile options." - Jim Bruene, Publisher & Founder, Online Financial Innovations

"Going Mobile. Local executive carves niche as national expert on fast-growing banking-industry technology trend" - Scott Olson, Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ)

"Brandon McGee, the industry's unofficial ambassador for mobile banking" 

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Proliferation of Mobility PR and Marketing

The other day I received my AT&T mobility magazine and was excited to see the resources that they are utilizing to create awareness about downloadable applications. The two images below are pages 22 and 23 of the magazine, and I feel that they do a decent job communicating to customers that a mobile device can be much more than just a phone. Specifically they say, "Turn your phone into a personal assistant, a problem solver, an entertainment hub - and more!"




In fact, it motivated me to visit www.att.com/mediamall for the first time and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised at the content. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I was under the impression that they only offered Gen Y ring tones and games. However, after visiting the site I realized they they have a little something for everyone. For example there were applications for:
* Rachael Ray Recipes on the Run
* Fox Sports Mobile Pro
* The Weather Channel
* MapQuest Mobile
* MySpace Mobile

Click here or on the image below to see all of their offerings.


On a similar note - I discovered a link to this CBS Early Show video clip on the Payments News site.

No comments: