"Brandon McGee, Industry Insider, Mobile Banking Guru...He is not only the real deal, a genuine industry insider, but also knows exactly what's on the minds of financial service pros as they contemplate the various mobile options." - Jim Bruene, Publisher & Founder, Online Financial Innovations

"Going Mobile. Local executive carves niche as national expert on fast-growing banking-industry technology trend" - Scott Olson, Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ)

"Brandon McGee, the industry's unofficial ambassador for mobile banking" 

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mobile Banking vs. Text Banking - Part I

Last week I had an opportunity to review some marketing research from a Top 25 bank that offers both mobile banking and text banking and noticed something unexpected.

The average age of a mobile (browser) banking user is exactly the same as the average age of a text banking user - 42 years old.

I would have expected the text banking users to skew younger, but I think we're learning that the Gen Y clients are getting their Boomer parents hooked on the idea of texting.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Brandon, can you let me know which reports you are looking at? I would love to get my hands on them! Thanks!

Jose HC said...

Interesting indeed. I find both experiences lacking in terms of what I look for in a mobile banking experience.

Brandon - I personally like the thin client (on the device) experience.

Cheers,
Jose HC