"Brandon McGee, Industry Insider, Mobile Banking Guru...He is not only the real deal, a genuine industry insider, but also knows exactly what's on the minds of financial service pros as they contemplate the various mobile options." - Jim Bruene, Publisher & Founder, Online Financial Innovations

"Going Mobile. Local executive carves niche as national expert on fast-growing banking-industry technology trend" - Scott Olson, Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ)

"Brandon McGee, the industry's unofficial ambassador for mobile banking" 

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mobile Banking Security - Feb 7

Mobile Security: Act Now
"Many financial institutions are not addressing mobile banking security risks in a targeted way. Mobile banking is not a prominent part of their risk assessments and mitigation strategies. But it should be. Although federal regulators have yet to spell out clear-cut mobile security requirements, banks and credit unions cannot afford to wait for federal guidance before taking action. They need to put plans in place now to mitigate emerging risks, such as attacks from mobile malware and device identification challenges posed by roaming IP addresses."

All Wired Up - Should mobile device have anti-virus protection?
"This is a question that's bothered me ever since I was gifted my iPod Touch more than a year ago - should I have anti-virus protection on this thing? Do mobile devices need protection at all? I wouldn't dare surf the 'Net on my PC without anti-virus protection and a firewall enabled, so why am I so nonchalant about my iPod and a wireless connection? My cell phone is a clunker and doesn't have Internet access, so it's a non-issue."

No comments: