"Brandon McGee, Industry Insider, Mobile Banking Guru...He is not only the real deal, a genuine industry insider, but also knows exactly what's on the minds of financial service pros as they contemplate the various mobile options." - Jim Bruene, Publisher & Founder, Online Financial Innovations

"Going Mobile. Local executive carves niche as national expert on fast-growing banking-industry technology trend" - Scott Olson, Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ)

"Brandon McGee, the industry's unofficial ambassador for mobile banking" 

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Aloha - Bank of Hawaii

Let me take just a moment to apologize to Bank of Hawaii and mShift for a post that I wrote on 8/13. I stated that Bank of Hawaii had launched their mobile solution (which is true) but also wrote that, "the bad news is that it doesn't seem to be working." As it turns out I was wrong. The problem was "user error" because I was not entering the url correctly. The ironic part is that I remember verifing the url at least half a dozen times, but being a creature of habit, I was typing (http://www.mobile.boh.com/ - which returns a503 error code) instead of the actual url of (http://mobile.boh.com/).

That said, I will hold to my comment that, "the mobile solution, much like online banking, is a very fickle platform." For years I've known that the "www" is not necessary, but out of shear habit I continue to enter it each and every time I surf the net.

The good news is that the Bank of Hawaii site is live and looks great. Plus, as Al Landon (Chairman and CEO) states, "Bank of Hawaii was the first to offer online banking in Hawaii. Now we're pleased to be the first in the state to introduce mobile banking for our customers."

No comments: