"Brandon McGee, Industry Insider, Mobile Banking Guru...He is not only the real deal, a genuine industry insider, but also knows exactly what's on the minds of financial service pros as they contemplate the various mobile options." - Jim Bruene, Publisher & Founder, Online Financial Innovations

"Going Mobile. Local executive carves niche as national expert on fast-growing banking-industry technology trend" - Scott Olson, Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ)

"Brandon McGee, the industry's unofficial ambassador for mobile banking" 

Monday, June 18, 2007

A Lesson in Mobile Banking

I know that what I'm about to write is nothing new, but I feel compelled to say it anyway. The world as we know it continues to shrink each and every day, and we have the internet to thank.

This morning, while I was researching mobile banking, I came across a picture that shows how one bank is promoting their new mobile banking service - no big deal right? Wrong, the picture I found was for First National Bank in Maun. Oh, I'm sorry Maun is in the Okavango Delta Region. Still nothing...don't feel bad I had no idea either - it's in Africa. If you'd like to find one of their branches you can check out their website (yep in English); plus, you can go on that Safari that you've been dreaming about while you're there. If you'd like to learn more about Maun here's a great link.


Lesson learned: Americans, myself included, assume that we're always on the cutting edge of everything. However, the truth is that many times we're way behind. That fact is exponentially true for the mobile banking arena.

No comments: